Friday, July 4, 2008

Apple Airport Extreme Firmware Update 7.3.2 - Simply Not Working

I recently tried to update the firmware of Apple Airport Extreme base station, since Airport utility tell me there is a update. So you will think the latest is always the best, you know fixing exisiting issues and bug. But not this instance, this update seens more like in its alpha stage. It broken existing functionality of APE. I had problem with wired ethernet LAN, APE simply can not see any other LAN device upstream. By this I mean, computers connected to a switch connected to Uplink port of APE and also ADSL router.

I spent hours try to figure out why it suddenly stop working while it worked perfectly fine before. Well you wont suspect the very latest "FIX" and "UPDATE" do you.

It turn out that there are lots of problem with update 7.3.2, you only need to visit the apple discussion forum to find tons of them. More specifically this post

I manage to revert back to previous version of firmware 7.3.1 which is working for me. (and lucky I can do the rollback as some ppl do not seem to have the option).

Conclusion, wait and see before launch head on to install the latest "FIX AND UPDATE"?

No comments: