Friday, June 27, 2008

VMWare Fusion 1.X.X Windows XP Pro x64 Problem

I have VMWare Fusion installed on my MacBook Pro to run Windows XP so that I can do Visual Studio C# Development on my Mac (best of both world?) While most of time it works well, but there are problems.

I have some problem with running Visual Studio 2008 and SQL Management Studio 2005 on Windows XP Pro x64 edition. I constantly getting memory access violation message from .NET Framework. And Visual Studio 2008 will quit randomly.

VMWare support suggested a flag in setting file mainmem.useNamedFile = "FALSE"; I tried it, it seem to have some effect but does not solve the problem at all.

I installed another instance of Windows XP 32 bit edition, and there are no problems.

Well I would think it indicate something is not right in Fusion for Windows XP Pro X64?

No comments: